Recently, I took to the airwaves being interviewed about Facebook on a local business radio show. Facebook had just celebrated its 10th anniversary and we discussed the business uses of this dominant social media site.
Digital Marketing Specialist Ian Gentles presents the Knowing Your Business Radio Show every Thursday between 10am and 12pm live on Radio Horton and was joined by a guest presenter Steve Shepherd who is a brand, graphic and web designer.
They interviewed several local businesses who have utilised business pages on the social network and asked us whether we feel it is a benefit. To listen, click on The Knowing Your Business Show page.
I began by explaining how we published our business page after opening our first retail premises and wanted to raise awareness locally and increase trade. This enabled me to invite my friends to like our page. This was quick, cheap and easy marketing.
Then I joined a few business groups and one in particular, Banbury Business Network started by Ian, has been invaluable. I have made trusted contacts and received valuable advice to help as our business as grown, particularly when we moved premises.
Since then, we use Facebook in the following ways:
- To promote our blog, offers, awards and new products
- To share eye health research news and articles
- To share any magazine pages we are featured in
- To connect with our suppliers, stockists and customers
- To answer direct questions from customers
- To connect with the eye health charities we support
- To send updates from the trade or retail shows that we attend
- To share funny or amusing relevant images to show our human side
If you haven’t already, find us on Facebook here.